The CanDo LNP team has a strong plan to change things in Queensland for the better.
As part of this, Campbell Newman and the LNP have a clear plan for the Gold Coast.
A CanDo LNP Government will:
- Grow a Four Pillar Economy, based on Tourism, Agriculture, Resources and Construction
- Lower the Cost of Living for Families by Cutting Waste
- Deliver Better Infrastructure and Better Planning
- Revitalise Front Line Services for Families; and
- Restore Accountability in Government
We think that fulfilling each of these five pledges is vital to ensuring the future of the Gold Coast region by providing real opportunities and assistance for families.
A CanDo LNP Government will deliver for the Gold Coast, including:
- $30 million for opening access to the broadwater and the establishment of the Gold Coast water authority
- At least 100 of our 1300 extra front line police for the Gold Coast region
- A permanent police helicopter presence on the Gold Coast
- A police major crime squad and an illegal gun squad on the Gold Coast
- $35.4 million for a long awaited upgrade to facilities at the Gold Coast turf Club, as part of our commitment to provide funds for better racing infrastructure across the state
- The Gold Coast will benefit from our $50 million Marine Infrastructure Fund to build new marine infrastructure – boat ramps, pontoons, fishing platforms and artificial reefs
- A share in our $8 million Attracting Aviation Fund to attract more domestic and international tourists to the Gold Coast
- Fishermen on the Gold Coast will benefit from our $10 million investment in a voluntary buy-back of commercial fishing licences, and improved monitoring of our fisheries
Download the full document below for more details.