What is Personal Information?
When we talk about personal information, we mean information or an opinion about an individual where you can tell or reasonably work out who the information or opinion is about.
We will only collect personal information about you that is relevant to our organisation. This may include general information such as your name, e-mail address, contact details and computer’s IP address.
Where reasonably possible, personal information is only collected through our website when you knowingly provide it. For example, we may request information such as your name, address and email, to provide you with information you have requested, as well as bank account or credit card details if you want to join or donate to the Party or attend one of our events. If you do not provide that information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods or services you requested.
Our purpose for collecting personal information should be clear when we collect it. If you are uncertain, please contact us at the address below.
You can generally visit our website without revealing who you are or other personal information. We will not collect any personal information about visitors to this website except where they are registered members, where information is provided by registered members or where a visitor provides us with personal information. We may use technology to keep track of which sections of our website you visit for internal purposes, including to help us improve our website and other services.
Use and disclosure
We will only use your personal information as allowed by law. This means we may use it for the purpose it was collected, as disclosed to you at the time of collection, or as otherwise set out in this policy. If we want to use your information for any other purpose, we will first seek your consent unless we are not required to by law.
We generally only use or disclose your personal information to:
- respond to your enquiries or comments;supply you with goods, services or information you have requested;
- tell you about any new developments, campaigns, or events we think may interest you;
- request your assistance (such as volunteering or donating to assist in our campaigns);
- disclose donations, whether required by law or otherwise;
- help us to improve our website and services;
- Liberal Party candidates or members;
- other organisations that provide services to us, such as telecommunications companies, event organisers, IT contractors (such as website developers and hosts), lawyers, accountants, financiers and promotions companies; and
- meet any legal requirements.
Any information posted in comments or forums or communicated in chat areas becomes public information and you take full responsibility for the disclosure of such material.
If you believe personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, please advise us. We will generally take reasonable steps to correct your personal information where inaccuracies are identified.
Third Party Applications
We use third party social media and applications provided by the following third party organisations to engage with you:
- Google – to track and analyse the number of visitors and their use of our website;
- YouTube – to publish videos;
- Twitter – to publish news and updates; and
- Facebook – to publish information such as news, updates, photos and videos,
- as well as other third party applications from time to time, which may be hosted on servers overseas.
We may use and publish information you disclose through social media on our website.
Changes to this policy
To keep up with regulatory, technical and organisational change, we may amend this policy from time to time by publishing the updated policy on our website. Please visit our website regularly to keep up to date with any changes.
For further information, problems or complaints regarding our information handling practices, please contact us by writing to:
The Privacy Officer,
The Liberal National Party,
66-68 Bowen St, Spring Hill 4000
or contact us online here.